2017 Junior Summer and Fall Sculling Programs
In sculling, each rower holds 2 oars and rows in small boats. UVRF owns many sculling boats, including singles (one person), doubles (2 person), and quads (4 person) that are available to club members under certain conditions. If you are already a sweep rower, sculling is an excellent way to develop boat "feel," balance and technical skills. In addition to the programs listed below, that are exclusively for juniors aged 14-22, the club offers Learn-to-Scull clinics for first-time rower-scullers and Free Sweep-to-Scull clinics for experienced sweep rowers.
Junior Club members have the privilege of using club singles, doubles and quads throughout the summer season on their own IF they have the requisite level of certification following the club sculling policies, and do at least one of the following:
- pay the Club Sculling Equipment Fee - offered to juniors at $100 for the entire season, or
- register for a Sweep Program (Leb Crew or the Fall Junior Racing), or
- register for a Junior Sculling Program (see below) or a Learn-to-Scull Program, or
- register for Intermediate Coached Sculling Sessions
- pay for rented rack space.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLUB SCULLING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, PLEASE VISIT THE "SCULLING" SECTION OF THE UVRF WEBSITE.
Check back later for 2017 programs...